- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 5 (grind separately)
- Onion – 2¼ cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Dry red chilli – 7 to 8
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Salt – to taste
- Grind and make a paste of the ingredients given above. If necessary add water while grinding.
- Grind and make a paste of Tomatoes separately by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Mustard seeds, Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering, add Curry leaves and ground Onion paste (from step 1), fry till the raw smell goes.
- Then add ground tomato paste to this and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Then remove from heat and serve.