- Amarnath leaves(Thandu keerai) or any greens – 1 bunch
- Moong dal(Split) – a fistful
- Onion – 1/2
- Green chili – 1 small
- Garlic – 1
- Coconut – 1.5 tspn (optional)
- Cumin seeds and Fennel seeds(sauf) – 1/2 tspn each
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Oil – 1 tspn
- Cook moong dal till soft, not mushy and it should hold its shape. Strain the water and keep it aside.
- Wash the amarnath leaves thoroughly in water and finely chop it.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add curry leaves, green chili and onion.
- Fry till onion turns transparent. Add chopped amarnath leaves and salt. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- In the mean time grind garlic, coconut, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Now add the cooked dal and the ground items to the greens. Fry for a minute and remove from heat.
Goes well with: Rice, chapathi