Deepavali Diwali special recipes
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Gram flour (Kadalai mavu) – 1/4 cup
- Chana dal (Kadalai paruppu) – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – a sprig (finely chopped)
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 tspn
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves (Crushed finely or Ground)
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – to deep fry
- Soak chana dal for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Mix Rice flour, Gram flour, soaked Chana dal, Curry leaves, Sesame seeds, Cumin seeds, Chili powder, crushed Garlic, Salt, 1 or 2 tspns of oil in a bowl.
- Add water little by little and make a hard dough. Make small balls out of it, press each ball between two plastic covers and roll it into thin flat discs using rolling pin.
- Deep fry these flat discs in medium heat till the chana dal turns into golden brown.