- Rice- ½ cup
- Urad dal- ½ cup
- Jaggery- 3/4 cup
- Gingelly oil- 2 to 3 spoons
- Ghee- 2 to 4 spoons
- Heat a pan. Fry Rice and Urad dal till it turns into little brown in color. Once it cools off, dry grind the Rice and Urad dal and make a powder.
- Heat a vessel. Add Jaggery and 2 cups of Water boil it together. Once it boils, Strain the Jaggery syrup to remove the impurities from the jaggery.
- Heat 1 spoon of Oil in a pan, add Jaggery syrup and mix the ground Rice and Urad dal powder. Keep stirring in low flame.
- When ever the Mix sticks to the pan add Oil and stir it again.
- Finally add Ghee on top of the hot thiruvadirai kali once its done.