- Green gram dal- 3 spoons
- Bengal gram dal(kadalai paruppu)- 3 spoons
- Black gram dal(Ulutham paruppu)- 3 spoons
- Onion- 1
- Curry leaves- few
- Oil and Salt- as required
Make a paste of:
- Grated coconut- 4 spoons
- Red chilies-4
- Coriander seeds-1 tspn
- Fried chana dal(Pottu kadalai)- 2 spoons
- Garlic- 2
- Cardamom(Elakkai)- 1
- Cloves(kirambu)- 2
- Fennel seeds(Perunjeeragam)- 1 tspn
- Poppy seeds(Kasakasa)- 1 tspn
- Cinnamon(pattai)- 1/2 inch stick
- Soak Green gram, Bengal gram, Black gram dal for 1 hour. Semi grind the soaked dals with little Salt. Don’t add water while grinding dals.
- Cut Onion and Tomato into small pieces.
- Grind and make a paste of Grated coconut, Red chilies,Coriander seeds, Bengal gram dal, Garlic, Cardamom, Cloves, Fennel seeds,Poppy seeds and Cinnamon with little water.
- Heat Oil to fry. Make balls from the Grounded dal mix and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Heat 2 spoons of Oil in another pan.Add Onion and fry the till it turns into golden brown in color.
- Then add Tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Then add ground paste(prepared in step 3), Curry leaves, Salt, a cup of Water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally add fried balls and cook till its done.
Goes Well with: Dosa, Idly, Rice