- Rice batter (Idly maavu)– 2 cup
- Carrot and Beans(chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Green gram split (Pasi paruppu)- 2 spoon
- Grated coconut-3 spoon
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram split (Kadalai paruppu)- 2 spoon
- Green chili- 2
- Chopped ginger- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprig
- Hing- a pinch
- Salt and Oil- as required
- Cook Green gram dal and keep this aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Bengal gram dal, fry for few seconds.
- Then add Green chili, Ginger, Curry leaves, Carrot and Beans. Fry for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add the fried items,cooked Green gram dal, Hing, Coriander leaves, Salt and Oil to the Batter.
- Boil water in a pot that can fit the idly molds. Pour a spoon full of batter to the idly molds and place this molds in to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid.
- After about 10 to 20 minutes the idlies will be cooked and soft. Insert a knife to the idly and it shouldn’t stick with the batter. If its done, remove the idlies from molds and serve hot with chutney.