You can use any kinds of vegetables and spices to prepare the vegetable stock.
- Onion – 1 (big one)
- Garlic – 8 to 10 pieces
- Carrot – 3
- Cauliflower – 1/4 of a small one
- Green chili – 1
- Green onion – 10 to 12 stalks
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch of stems or leaves
- Celery – a small bunch of stems or leaves
- Bay leaves and Curry leaves
- Pepper corns – 1 tspn
- Coriander seeds – 2 spoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cloves – 4 to 5
- Star anise – 2 (Optional)
- Rinse and cut all the Vegetables into big pieces. No need to scrap the skin of the Vegetables and Don’t cut into small pieces.
- Heat Water in a large pot which can hold all the above ingredients.
- Add all the Vegetables and Spices to the Water. The Water should be enough to sink all the Vegetables.
- Keep the stove in high temperature. Once the Water starts to boil, bring it to low. Keep it low for 1 hour.
- Strain your stock after an hour using a Sieve or a Strainer.
Use this vegetable stock as a base to prepare soups.