- Wheat rava – 1 cup
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Salt – to taste
- Mustards seeds and Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Green chili – 2 to 4
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Onion – 1/2
- Heat a tspn of Oil in a pressure cooker. Add Wheat rava and fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add Water, Salt and pressure cook for 1 or 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released from the cooker, Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once the seeds starts spluttering, add Curry leaves, Green Chili, Onion and little Salt. Fry till the Onion turns light brown.
- Add cooked Upma and mix well. Remove from heat and serve.
Goes well with: Chutney