- Roasted Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar/Jaggery/palm sugar(grated) – 3 to 4 tbspn (to taste)
- Ghee – 1tspn
- Hot water
- To make roasted wheat flour: Roast wheat grains till golden brown. Then grind them into fine powder in a grinding mill.
- Sift the flour and store it in an airtight container.
- Mix roasted wheat flour and a pinch of Salt in a bowl. Boil water in a pan. Add the boiled water little by little, mix with a spatula and make a soft dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough, place it into the ‘idiyappam press’ (Use a mold with the small holes) and close it.
- Press the dough into idly plates and steam cook them for 5 to 10 minutes in idly pan. Remove the idiyappam once it gets cooked.
- Mix Jaggery and Ghee with the wheat idiyappam. Do this before it cools.