Zucchini is native to Central America and Mexico, generally it has a shape similar to a cucumber. Zucchini can be yellow, green or light green. Because of its high water content(more than 95%), zucchini is very low in calories. Zucchini is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Don’t peel zucchini because most of the nutrients are in the skin. Zucchini is a ideal vegetable for the weight-watchers.
The following is a recipe for Zucchini and nuts sweet bread.
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Light brown sugar – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon peel – 1 teaspoon
- Mixed nuts – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Zucchini – 1 ½ cups or 1(grated)
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl except nuts and zucchini.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not over stir.
- Finally mix nuts and grated zucchini.
- Grease the loaf pan with vegetable oil or butter.Pour the mix to the loaf pan and place it into preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.